Gatwick/ Head Office
North Air are responsible for providing into-plane services on behalf of major oil companies. We operate at 20 locations across the UK, where we carry out approximately 300,000 fuellings per year. We aim to provide safe, reliable and efficient into-plane services to our customers’ satisfaction
North Air places significant emphasis on attracting and employing people who are able to demonstrate a commitment to Safety, Working Together, Integrity, Encourage and Respect, our Core Values which are key to the success of North Air in providing Fuelling Excellence.
We are pleased to announce that due to company growth, we are now looking for a full time Finance Assistant to join our busy team on a permanent basis.
This position will be based in our Head Office in Gatwick, and will report directly into the Financial Controller. The role will work alongside our outsourced Finance team and will play a pivotal part in the business.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for verifying the accuracy of financial records, assist in report and analysis generation, and contribute towards improving Finance systems, policies and procedures.
Some of the tasks you may be involved in but are not limited to are:
- Liaise with our outsourced accounts team to produce financial records and reports
- Assist and oversee the allocation of invoices on our in-house accounting system, ensuring any new suppliers are approved and payments are made in a timely and accurate manner
- Support with the compilation of monthly and/or quarterly reconciliations
- Overseeing the general Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable tasks, ensuring that the process is being managed by our outsourced partners, efficiently and accurately
- Assist with various financial analysis such as variances, trends, site by site analysis and maintaining registers as required
- Check expenditure on a monthly basis and ensure spend is in line with agreed budget across various sites and is within company policies and procedures, highlighting any discrepancies with the appropriate Manager
- Provide support to the Finance Controller in preparing the financial statements at year end
- Assist Budget Holders and the Finance Controller with the preparation of budgets
- Review, maintain and update North Air’s finance policies and processes, making suggestions for improvement
- Review and monitor North Air’s procurement process, ensuring suppliers are fit for purpose and looking out for any anomalies
- Providing ad-hoc assistance to Finance Controller with major projects
- Provide cover for Financial Controller
- Following up and providing advice to Budget Holders where queries and questions arise
This list may not be exhaustive and post holders may be expected to carry out other activities as identified by the company.
This post is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Skills and Experience required:
|IT Skills – comfortable with working with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
Experience of working within an office environment in a Finance role (2 years minimum)
Confident communication skills
Good attention to detail
GCSE (Maths, English and IT) or equivalent
Experience with Sage50 or equivalent system and AAT Qualified (or working towards) are an advantage but not essential to the application.
Must have at least 2 years experience working in a Finance type role. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and willing to learn/ take on new challenges.
Due to the location of this role (being based on the airport), your own transport is an advantage as the offices are not easily accessible without a car.
To Apply for this role please send your CV to:
Hayley Mclean – email@example.com
Please contact Hayley Mclean for a full job description.
Aviation Fuel Farm Site Manager
Manchester Airport, Manchester (M90)
Due to extensive engineering works and across airport expansion of the hydrant facilities at Manchester Airport scheduled to continue for the next seven to eight years, we are seeking to employ a new Site Manager to take over the day to day management of the Fuel Farm reporting into the Operations Manager.
The Site Manager will have line management responsibility for the 3 Maintenance Technicians (electrical and Mechanical) and 10 Fuel Farm Operators, co-ordinating and managing the day to day technical works and Quality Control requirements with operational activities carried out at Manchester Airport Storage and Hydrant Company (MASHCo).
Key accountabilities will be ensuring all equipment is maintained in accordance with current legislation, overseeing any Engineering & Technical work requests from third parties. They will be responsible for providing assurance that all aspects of the Operators HSSE & Operations Manual are being adhered to, documentation & records are being completed correctly & in a timely manner and that there is a robust planned maintenance schedule in place. There will also be a requirement to co-ordinate project work as required by the Operation.
The Site Manager will need to quickly develop a close working relationship with the Site Operator (BP), Airport authority and customers/stakeholders as well as linking into the Regional Operations Manager for North Air, who has regional responsibility for the employees of MASHCo.
The successful candidate will have had previous experience of managing a team within an Operational environment and have the ability to develop strong relationships with customers and stakeholders. Ability to lead change, motivate others with excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn from the experience of others will be critical. An understanding/experience of managing budgets and controlling costs will also be a requirement.
Ideally the successful candidate will be Educated to good standard (Degree or equivalent), with either a formal qualification in business management or sound training ground, with minimum of 5 years Operational Management in either a distribution, aviation or other similar environment. Experience of fuel farm management would be an advantage.
North Air would like to attract and develop candidates with the following core skills, which reflect our Key Values:-
Safety, Working Together, Integrity, Respect and Encourage
- Manage, train and coach staff to ensure a highly skilled, flexible and well motivated operating team, dedicated to getting it right first time, every time, ensuring all staff are competent to carry out their roles
- As the first line manager take an active interest in all staff’s well being to ensure they are physically and mentally fit to carry out their duties and if they are not seek ways of facilitating a recovery.
- Manage employee relations and disciplinary procedures in accordance with Company policies, terms and conditions of employment and union agreement, with assistance of the Regional Airports Manager and HR representative as required.
- Apply North Air’s Core Values and code of conduct, ensure all staff meet and maintain these behaviours, taking appropriate action when required.
- Communicate to staff and ensure compliance of MASHCo Operating Company’s expectations of standards and applicable legislation
- Accountable for all administrative duties within the depot, this includes but not limited to sales, stock management, overtime, record keeping, data inputting. Overseeing accuracy of these tasks where performed by team
- Ensure adequate resources to operate and maintain the site, including preparation and maintenance of shift and leave schedules, meeting with requirements for site safety, efficiency and cost.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are maintained and dashboard is updated, to comply with all JIG Core principles
- Responsible for providing leadership and training in maintaining safe working environment and practices for all North Air staff on site, developing a strong HSSE culture
- Ensure all accidents/incidents/near misses are reported in accordance with the MASHCo Operator, North Air and statutory requirements. Support the Site Manager to, ensure adequate investigation and necessary corrective and preventative measures carried out by agreed target dates.
- Represent MASHCo on all local Operating and Safety Committees (e.g. Airport Ramp Safety Committee, Airport Authority, Airlines and Other Ramp Operators). Promoting MASHCo Operator’s HSSE agenda.
- Completion of JIG Risk Assessments for the MASHCo Site
- Maintain compliance with all relevant local and national standards (including COMAH), Operator Regulations and North Air Health & Safety requirements (in relation to staff health and safety)
- Lead and facilitate emergency exercises when requested, ensuring any learnings are implemented and reporting any findings, aligned with MASHCo Operator and COMAH expectations
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of all contractors and visitors that attend site. Support the site HSE management system to ensure operations comply with North Air HSE expectations and statutory requirements. Confirm standards through regular self auditing of operation and individual staff performance. Ensure HSE management systems are reviewed and updated within the specified period and all records are kept in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Communicating stock requirements to stakeholders, identifying any changes in demand patterns and advising accordingly
- Monitoring stock at MASHCo, identifying any irregularities and help to identify and implement necessary remedial action
- Responsible for customer service, monitoring performance of service to customers and reporting findings on any complaints and implementing any corrective or preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
We are planning to hold 1st interviews for this role on 5th December 2017.
Sharon Abbott – firstname.lastname@example.org
At the heart of our operations are our Airfield Operators who work airside to ensure that aircraft, whether they be fixed wing or rotary (helicopters) are fuelled safely and on time. The role can be physically demanding but extremely rewarding, especially if you enjoy working within an aviation environment.
If you would like the opportunity to work for North Air as an Airfield Operator then you will need to complete an online application form, via Monarch Personnel’s website who are our recruiting agent for this role.
To apply visit: www.monarchpersonnel.com
Any queries: email@example.com
Tel: 01257 478444 / Fax: 01257 425299